Monday, September 22, 2014

Suspense not killing me noticeably

    However, I would just as well have a resolution. Margaret told me Saturday that her daughter is having a shoulder operation today and would be rehabbing at the Lowman Home in, uh, well towards Chapin. It's the facility we wanted Dad in 3 years ago, mainly because it's convenient for Margaret's family and thus easier for Margaret to visit. Now it would be doubly good for him to be there since Margaret's daughter will be going there, too.
    So this morning, I called the hospital's social worker to beg that he be allowed to go there. I haven't had a call back. Of course, that could mean that she's working to make it happen. Or that she has the day off. Or that she hasn't checked her messages. But it's preying on me a bit. The other facilities he's likely to go to are good, too, but would be really hard for Margaret to visit. Silver lining in everything, though; it would motivate him more to work hard and get home sooner. So any result can work out for the best. But I hope we get the one that makes them happiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment