Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Look away, look away

    We got to visit with Dad yesterday evening. I think he was glad to see us. I had gone to see the Carolina Jazz Society's monthly concert, something he used to do in the '70s, and I taped a bit using the voice recorder on the phone. I played him a bit, mentioning that they did an all Dixieland show (which was always his favorite kind of jazz). And Margaret seized on Dixieland and started singing Dixie. So they sang Dixie (I taped that, too) and a bunch of other songs and Dixie again. It was all very, very sweet.
    He was also in a better mood because they finally brought him food, of sorts. Chicken broth, apple juice, iced tea, lemon jello. At least he couldn't complain that the vegetables were undercooked. He ate it, and was grumpy when a tech came to give him an echocardiogram, so I guess he liked it. And he kept it down, so yay.
    Not a very updaty update today either, since he's in dialysis. Hopefully he'll be out in due course and we can visit again. Look away, Dixieland.

No comments:

Post a Comment