Friday, October 2, 2015

Apocalypse later

    So the rains are still coming, but so far it's just been variations of the same mist we've had nearly constantly for a week or more. Is heavy mist even possible? If it is, that's what we're getting. However, we are assured that in mere hours we will undergo the beginning of an historic rainfall event (forgot the "fall" part before), which I'm totally not going to make fun of because a) rain is way easier to forecast than is snow and b) like I said, I can always make fun of it later if it turns out wrong.
    I was childishly amused by the odd things that were sold out at Publix. Mind you I'm not much for checking the bread or milk sections; presumably they were all gone or low. But bananas? Frozen okra? Dammit, in a weather crisis, you have to have priorities! (That said, I did buy the last two loose bananas, which I probably wouldn't have done without the herd instinct promptings.)
    So bye everybody! It's been fun! Sorry that it's over! Really wish I'd bought that inflatable kayak! Wonder if the Amazon distribution center has any? Maybe I should ask. I could go into the gondola business!

No comments:

Post a Comment