Sunday, October 25, 2015

English to kitty dictionary needed

    As I'm sure I've mentioned before, there is a disagreement of very long standing between Amelia and me regarding the meaning of the phrase, "No kitties on the table!" It's possible that Amelia understands me perfectly except for the "no" part, of course. More recently, there is a similar disagreement between Harry and me regarding the meaning of "Your food bowl is full." It is a truism that is also true that if the cat can see a molecule of porcelain through the kibbles, it isn't full. Amelia has gotten over this years ago, but Harry is a much more dedicated whinybutt.
    Today, the other English problem between me and Harry came up again, the one that makes no sense. That is his failure to understand, "Don't follow me." Don't get me wrong, I would love it if he would follow me on a walk and enjoy it, but he hates it, whines all the way, and yet comes along anyway. So this time I chased him and he ran away a little way, but when I turned around he followed me again. So I went home and he actually went in (which he doesn't always do) and the problem was solved. In future, I'll just Meow at them!

No comments:

Post a Comment