Saturday, October 31, 2015

Freedom cat and prison cat

    One of these cats ranges freely and makes trouble in the neighborhood. One of these cats isn't allowed out and makes trouble in the house. One feels sad about Amelia's restricted life, but she never even tried to go outside until Harry came around. And when she does try to go out, she never goes past the porch. I suspect that she is only unhappy with the indoor life insofar as she has to share it with Harry.
    On the other hand, since I live a largely inside life myself, it would be easy to be jealous of Harry's life. Granted, I would skip the killing and eating things though. ("Dude! There's somebody who wants to feed you all. the. time. You don't have to kill or eat things!") Still, I seem to be having a pretty good time as an indoorsman, and now that most of my trails are open again, I'm starting to feel a little more normal. Also I don't have Harry's tree-climbing ability.
    Someday, I want a home with such cool climbing stuff that the cats don't want to go outside. Then I'll go! In the meantime, I think I'm maintaining a good enough balance that I'm not jealous of either of them. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment