Saturday, October 10, 2015

We appear to have survived

    I primarily mean today's rain, but in general we seem to have survived the whole nightmare. It is still raining, and yes, I really did go to the front door, look out and say, "Stop raining!" Don't judge us until you've been through it. The city is increasingly optimistic that the water system will be operating better very soon. I bought cheap toothbrushes so I could finally brush my teeth and throw them away (the brushes, not the teeth) if necessary, which was good for morale. I also bought bottled water. I'd rather avoid Nestle, but it's an emergency, man.
    We had a couple of years where the skies were threatening most days if not everyday but it almost never rained. Today, after the first burst (an inch of rain in 15 minutes by all reports), it has continued threatening but with very little rain. I'm hoping we have a throwback day to those days when threat of rain did not necessarily equal rain. Still worried mostly about downstream effects.
    It sure is a lot more relaxing to listen to football under these conditions. The person who lived and died with a football team's fate seems to be off on vacation, as you can well imagine. Also, I've already declared a moral victory. Hey, we're not down by 50 yet! LSU by all reports have been extraordinarily graceful hosts. Now if only they would loan us some players...

No comments:

Post a Comment