Wednesday, October 14, 2015

This facility apocalypse-free for 1 (one) days

    Although we're still under a boil water advisory (or as it's called in the 21st century, a buy water advisory), things are seeming normaller and normaller still everyday. The State Fair opened today, and local TV is actually covering that instead of Floodpacalypse or Spurrierpocalypse. It's a little disconcerting. Where's my wall-to-wall disaster coverage? I don't know what to DO with myself. Also the Cubs are headed for a pennant. A. Whitney Brown warned us about this. Kiss your ass goodbye.
    I've been retro lately, playing Civilization IV Beyond the Sword again more or less constantly. I wish I could say it was because I was enjoying it so. More like, "Darn it, this should be fun!" Beyond the Sword is easier since I can play it without the CD in the computer. I may go ahead and stick the CD in and play original Civ IV, which was definitely more fun. Or, I dunno, grow up and go back to real life.
    I'm fairly charged about the Fair, and it's just $1 to get in today. I usually go at lunch time weekdays since it's effectively free, but heck, $1 is close enough. I'll probably go after supper.
    The governor is on TV saying how well everything is going and what a good job everybody has done. Boy howdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment