Thursday, October 15, 2015

Releviated

    Oddly, while I was writing yesterday (and, as I said, the governor was talking) she must have announced that the boil water advisory for Columbia had been lifted and I somehow missed it. She was clearly happy about something; that must have been it.
    Regardless, the boil water advisory was lifted yesterday afternoon and there was much rejoicing. I thought it would be tooth brushing that I would be most charged about, but the enthusiastic dental hygienist about whom I blogged earlier also gave me these plastic doo-dads for cleaning between my teeth (G-U-M soft picks) and by the time it was all over, I could barely tell I hadn't been brushing.
    No, what made me happy was that Harry the cat could drink from the bathroom sink faucet again. He could not be made to understand why I wasn't letting him, and he was very happy to get the chance again. And yes, I flushed the hell out of the lines first. The water from that tap only had smelled highly sulphurous, and Internet geniuses assured me that this meant bacteria in the lines. So I ran it until the stink was gone. Harry doesn't seem to have had any ill effects, nor me when I finally did brush my teeth.
    The really silly thing was today when I was going to steam some vegetables and almost went into a little dance. Steaming vegetables is not really an exciting part of my day, but it was just so darn nice to get back to normal! Before that, I dropped by the Fair for another fun kind of normality. I would have gone yesterday, but I had to get a new faucet-mounted water filtration unit once the water was back on. Since they can't even take 100 degree F water, it's not like I could boil the old one. Childishly, I was pretty thrilled about this errand, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment