Sunday, October 11, 2015

Normaller all the time in Columbia

    Although the boil advisory hasn't been lifted in Columbia at large, it has been lifted for large parts of the service area, including last night the area where our go-to Sunday lunch buffet Indian restaurant is located. So this Sunday was a LOT more normal than last Sunday, hitting the same old buffet and the same old Goodwills. I even found some fairly happening corduroys at another thrift we often visit. I could have bought a couple of reasonably awesome jackets for a total of $1.50 but showed restraint given how many damn jackets I already have but never wear.
    Yesterday's rain, as expected, was somewhere between nerve wracking and alarming, but doesn't seem to have worsened the situation any, or at least not locally. Downstream, I think it would be hard to tell, i.e., it couldn't get much worse. EXTREMELY locally, my tap water again smells like a chlorinated pool, which has never been my favorite thing, but at least a) it's normal and b) it suggests that the system is working again, even if the boil advisory is still up and running.
    In cute adorable news, I was walking down Olympia Avenue when somebody's black and white puppy (some kind of terrier) ran out to the median where I was waiting to cross to yap at me. The owner came out to rope him in and motorists were nice about stopping to let us get across. I think the pup was paying more attention to me telling him not to cross the road than he did to the owner, but I probably would think that.

No comments:

Post a Comment