Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Wait-- what?

    To start with, things seem much better here. It's hard to tell, because Coach Spurrier resigned as head football coach so wall-to-wall flood coverage suddenly became wall-to-wall Spurrier coverage. Like I said about the football game, it's kind of hard to get all het up about a coach leaving under the circumstances. Two weeks ago, I'm sure it would have been an incredible shock. But of course I wish him all the best.
    The wait-- what, though (by now I must have used that subject line 10 times) was for a moment at Bi-Lo when the lady two people ahead of me in line said to the checker, "Just to let you know, next time, say 'Hi, how are you doing?' before asking somebody for something," and stormed off. Mind you, she stormed off with her groceries and her receipt. She did storm off to the Customer Service desk, so it's possible that she complained there, too. I have literally no idea what that was all about. The truth is that I don't mind at all when they don't Hi me and perhaps prefer it. The consensus was that she was having a bad day. It was only later that I realized that I should have said, "Just wait: the next crazy person will say, "Don't say, 'Hi, how are you doing?'! Just ask me for the damned Bonus card!" Well it's probably true.

No comments:

Post a Comment