Wednesday, October 21, 2015

That extra blog entry I warned about

    Jeez Louise am I displeased! Dad's estate is out of probate, so I was able to write all five of us substantial checks yesterday. The one I wrote to Anne had the numerals right according to the Bank of America but where I wrote out the numbers as words apparently I wrote a much, much smaller number. (I may be angry, but I'm writing carefully. If I give any details, anybody could guess about how much the checks were for, which probably is a bad idea even on a very lightly read blog.)
    I don't think I've gone that stupid yet, but at least we learn something new. I was always told that nobody actually reads the "numbers in words" line and that you could write, "Hi Mom" there if you felt like it. That turns out not to be true. And if the numbers disagree, rather than check with my bank branch, where everyone knew my intentions, they just picked the lower number. I'm sure I can clear all this up in the morning, but I'd rather be doing fun things. Like, you know, sleeping. Well, anyway, my blog is back to 365 days a year at least. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment