Saturday, October 3, 2015

Thank you, sleep paralysis!

    I was having a very run of the mill dream, in the sense that it involved a mysteriously huge college campus apparently designed by M.C.Escher working closely with Rube Goldberg. This time, it was ostensibly the University of South Carolina, or some random other college where the student union is also called the Russell House. This time, though, the Russell House was maybe ten stories high, and Rube and M.C. made it very hard to reach. I was climbing up and down untold numbers of brick stairs without getting any closer, then there was some sort of dealio with an escalator, from which I had to slide down for some reason onto some kind of extendable seat from which I would have to jump. And I was trying, trying, trying to slide down and couldn't understand why I couldn't, since it didn't seem like anything I would actually be afraid of. Eventually, the internal contradictions of the dream just woke me up, and I was SO relieved I hadn't succeeded at sliding off of anything. It was also a relief when I woke up that I wasn't particularly close to the edge of anything.
    Earlier, I dreamed of cats very like my own, though I think I switched around the coloring. I made the tabby into the huge one. He or she destroyed some article of cat furniture by climbing on it. In real life, while Amelia the calico is fairly huge, she hasn't actually destroyed anything except for sweaters, and those by claw rather than heft.
    The storm has been very serious in parts of South Carolina, but hasn't been much of a problem here. I haven't checked whether the banana crisis has continued, but things are so zen I just might. (No, seriously, I need something else; I wouldn't really go out just to look at the banana selection. I don't think.)
    In icky news, it is not squirrels that Harry is killing (he's up to two in two or three days and three overall) but the neighbor's rabbits. I'm sad at the thought that they might be pets and wish I could do something, but I can't keep him in and I've already put a bell on him. Cow bell maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment