Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cooking back to normal anyway

    During the crisis, I couldn't use the water, so spaghetti was out, rice was tricky, steamed vegetables were inadvisable. I started using broth to make my rice, which turned out to be a pretty good idea. It's not quite risotto nor is it as wonderful as I would prefer, but it's pleasant. So the crisis seems to have introduced some permanent adjustments to my cooking style. I'm looking forward to spaghetti again, though, and it was a relief to use a ton of steamed vegetables instead of a couple of cans. And having my peach cobbler muffins again was as joyous as I had expected.
    Last night's dreams were almost real-life-like for a minute there. In real life I had Amelia on my legs and Harry beside me, a surprisingly peaceable kingdom, In dream life, I had a gazillion kittens but I was in an imaginary but more or less true to life building. Granted it had two basements (one with a dirt floor to make a gigantic litter box) but there were no indoor parking garages or train stations. Then an older lady of my acquaintance needed to go to the hospital so of course the house suddenly sprouted ten floors and an elevator. I hope she's all right! And the kittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment