Sunday, October 18, 2015

Armistice ended

    The other night, I checked on Harry (outside) before I went to bed. Usually he's on the porch and ready to come in, but sometimes he isn't and this was one of those times. Harry has for his year of (mostly) living here has laid claim to my legs for sleeping purposes at night. Amelia seems to have gone along with this. This night, a couple ago, Amelia got to lay on my chest and get a good heartbeat to heartbeat kitten-mother cat experience. This may have gone to her head.
    Night before last, Amelia pretty much put on a one-cat riot while Harry more or less behaved and chased him off my legs once. Last night, it was more of a battle, and she chased him off me several times. I couldn't sleep, partly because of this, and decided to put on the TV and try to sleep in the comfy chair. That wasn't happening either. (Almost did. "Lost In Space" was on. But I couldn't get comfortable, as this was our first chilly night.) Battles continued, but fortunately, they usually settle down once my breathing slows. They are basically good kitties.
    I had the usual odd array of dreams, most of which you'll be glad to hear I've forgotten. Two oddities: instead of a huge dormitory with a built-in subway station I was in a huge law firm/home with a built-in subway station. If my subconscious mind were an architect we'd be lousy with subway stations. Other oddity was that I seemed to have many, many dreams about Boston Blackie. In fact, I only have one episode of Boston Blackie. I guess this supports the idea that one dreams in short bursts that seem hours long. Or maybe I heard the words Boston Blackie from the radio and fixated on them for the rest of the night. Odd stuff, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment