Thursday, January 14, 2016

AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    I had a whole blog entry prepared, not a very interesting one, about fresh air ("Times Sqvare!"). Today was another glorious, beautiful day, and also notably uhhhh not cold. Sixty degrees is warm if you're in Duluth, say, but the best my thin blood and I can give it is not cold. Also Congaree National Park, flooded since forever as we've had wave after wave of monsoon rains since the disastrous flood, is finally seeing some let up. And it's expected to rain tomorrow. So I got my ass out to Congaree NP.
    It was a very nice walk, and I very very much appreciated the fresh air. It's less inundated than it was, but still somewhat inundated. My waterproof boots might have seen me through, but having felt cold water in them when they failed to do so, I wasn't eager to feel it again. So I turned around on an inundated trail and on an inundated boardwalk. Heck, even if it rains tomorrow, the waters will go down eventually. And anyway I've seen it all before.
    I brought the quad copter and after I had walked my fill, I asked about it. I had been told that drones aren't allowed in national parks; unfortunately that proved to be true. They were awfully nice about it, though. But what caused the laughter represented in the subject line was that when I flew earlier and uploaded the pictures to the laptop, thence to Facebook, I left the SD card hooked to the computer. So even if I had been granted permission, I would have been MOST disappointed with the (non-existent) photographic results. Note to self: Make pre-flight checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment