Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It ramifies

    I really love taking pictures with the quad. I also enjoyed chatting with one of the fellows from across the street about it. Adam loves Harry the cat, so we got along famously. I was freezing solid (Again! Forty degrees is cold! I don't care what you yankees say!) taking pictures of the quarry from right in front of my house, which is pretty damned easy entertainment if you ask me. What I wanted was a panorama of this immense quarry coupled with the nearby, uh, don't giggle when I say "metropolis." (You heard me! Stop that!) My panorama software made a really neat picture, but the curvature of the Earth blew the game. Our region looks a lot more hilly than it in fact is.
    I think I'm going to call it good enough. Yes I have a color printer, yes I could print actual pictures and actually cut and paste them (the very idea!). Or get better panorama software. Or virtually hand cut and paste them using this or another type software. Or crop out the part where the horizon looks bent. (It is, but it didn't look that way in the individual, unstitched pictures.)
    Yesterday I made a panorama showing less quarry and less city. It was also less dramatic and less cool, but the horizon was straight. I could also try flying higher, but am more than a little nervous about that. If I didn't mention, the height limit is now just shy of 400 feet. I can change that in settings, but am not sure that I should. It may be the FAA ceiling; I don't know.
    So in short, boy is this fun! I wish I could get better panoramas, but I can always do video instead, which the Facebookese seem to like better anyway. So all is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment