Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My 2015 achievements

    This won't take long. When I finally got tired of Penny Mountain and shoveled them all in a bag, they amounted to $1.75 or if you prefer, 175 cents. (I was counting while I was shoveling.) Over the course of the last year, through being very, very anal about keeping pennies on hand at all times and paying them out in every possible transaction, I've gotten Penny Mountain down below 25 cents. I think a parade is in order at the very least.
    I am thrilled to report that although I couldn't see anything on the paper towel I wiped the quad copter camera lens with, apparently I got whatever was making the big spot, because I made a late afternoon flight and the pictures and video were clear. That flight was major fun, too, as I had no idea where Toy was now and again. I flew toward the sun thinking that that was back towards me, but nooooo, I saw it flying I guess you could say perpendicular to the path back to me. That Home function came in very handy once again.
    It was also a bit nerve-wracking flying yesterday, since it was very windy (aloft at least) and I kept losing signal. So far, this has just meant that I couldn't communicate with the camera; if I can no longer communicate with the aircraft in general, then I'm screwed. What is also trying is that it didn't appear to be at all windy on the ground. Looks like I need an aviation weather app!

No comments:

Post a Comment