Monday, January 11, 2016

I WOULD be the weak member of the team

    OK, we have another gorgeous day, but ten or twenty degrees colder. I understood that you aren't supposed to take the quad copter out in 40-ish degree weather, but did anyway. I did warm it up in the house though. The app, the software, the firmware, or somebody in China decided I was ready for my big boy pants and took me off Beginner Mode without telling me. Anyway, I went up and up and up and no little voice came out of the phone saying that height limit had been reached. I looked at the altimeter reading (I feel so darned grown-up just writing that!) and it said 394 feet. I decided, as I had for 300, that that was high enough for anybody.
    The app also started taking pictures differently, or so I remember from all of yesterday. Previously, there was a flash on the screen showing you that your picture had been shot. Now there's nothing. There is a play button that shows you your pics and or video (I don't remember that being there yesterday either), so I did know that the pictures were being taken when I hit the button.
    I got some crazy neat shots from in front of my very door. The city looks closer, the quarry looks bigger, the football stadium looks tiny. And I got cold. Toy performed like a champ, but I, in two shirts, sweater, scarf, parka and fake Russian fur cap (I got it from a fake Russian) was cold. So I bailed after maybe five minutes. So now we know. Toy works GREAT at 40 degrees. Old guy, not so much.
    I've been reading "The Groucho Letters." Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment