Thursday, January 21, 2016

I forgot

    Boy, it's a sign of advancing age when you think you posted your blog entry because you decided what it would be and then never actually posted it. And now, more due to still being asleep than being old, I can't remember what I had decided to post yesterday. I assure you that it would have been vastly entertaining and of great lasting benefit to mankind. Oh wait, I remember and no it isn't and no it isn't, respectively. I went a-flying again yesterday afternoon and again lost touch with Toy. The message of possible benefit to mankind is that things go better when you don't panic. I just walked towards Toy and there it was again. I brought it home, where it will likely be resting for the next few days. We got snow coming! Nothing like what DC is expecting of course, but still.
    Toy (which is now named Roscoe, but I still like Toy) has additional cool features that I hadn't noticed, like showing the street grid I'm flying over on my phone. As the streets in Olympia are named after streets, I can take off from Ohio and land in Texas, Florida or Georgia. Streets, sure, but it counts! It is a measure of just how childish I am that I laughed and laughed at this.
    Future trips will start off closer to the destination be it quarry, river or tall buildings, so I can actually get there without flying out of range. The frustrating thing is that I need an open area to take off from so I can be pretty comfortable that GPS will bring me home without snagging in a tree or power line. The best places aren't overblessed with such takeoff spots. But I'm keeping my eyes open.
    OK, that's yesterday's entry. I'll try to remember to do today's later.

No comments:

Post a Comment