Monday, January 25, 2016

I love it when a plan comes together

    Full version: I love it when a plan comes together by sheer luck and completely out of line with what the actual plan was. I mentioned that I am now freezing some of my food so I will be less overwhelmed with leftovers in the fridge and able to feel more spontaneous about dining out options. That is, I no longer will feel like I can't go out or the leftovers will go bad. I always meant to do this, but life intervened.
    This means that I never learned how long it takes to defrost a pre-cooked frozen meal, and had no clear ideas. I planned to put the dinnercicle in a pot at low heat for 17 minutes, then at medium heat for 10. But muscle memory misled me and I wound up putting it at medium for 17. This turned out to be just right. I let it sit and think about it on no heat for the other ten minutes and it turned out rather well. Not as good as fresh from the pot in the first place, but at least as good as after sitting in the fridge for three days.
    I had to re-login just to look at my stats this morning in order to receive the message that Google is putting a warning pursuant to EU rules on every blog now. So if you see that, that's why. If you don't see that, I'm in biiiiig trouble with the EU.

No comments:

Post a Comment