Thursday, March 3, 2016

81 dolluh tux

    There used to be this great thrift, gift and variety store far out Two Notch Road (also US 1) in Northeast Columbia called It's A Deal. And then it was gone, and we were very sad. The other day, my Facebook feed showed me a memory from a year or two ago featuring something from this store. This was very fortuitous since I couldn't remember the name up til that point. So I looked it up and they had moved less than a quarter mile up US 1. So joyously Paul and I went back, he bought a bunch of books, and I found some new tuxedoes.
    Tamara had told me to look out for a tuxedo, that I might need one, so when we were buying the loveseat yesterday, I took her on the rounds of the thrifts and also to It's A Deal. The best of the tuxes was a Calvin Klein, but it was very big. I thought that my seamstress was magic and could do anything, so I snapped it up for $10. My seamstress, however, told me that it couldn't be done. It was just too big. So today I went back to It's A Deal and asked if I could trade for the 42 Regular tux (I usually wear a 40); he said no problem. The seamstress was much more pleased this time, except that it was the only 42 Regular that they had and that was the size her husband would need. I offered it to her for $10, but I think she preferred being paid to paying out.
    Anyway, she pinned it up and the alterations, which may take all month, will be $71. So I have a brand new tux for $81 and now all I need is the puffy shirt, the black tie and the shiny shoes. Only bad news? That 37 waist fitted suspiciously comfortably. I've been wearing a 34 ever since I dropped the weight after quitting gluten. Ah well, it was a nice run.

No comments:

Post a Comment