Friday, March 4, 2016

Kibbitzers

    I have a lot of important stuff and a lot of funny stuff to write about. But right now what's on my mind are these two little weasels that I live with who, since I started feeding them wet food and quit letting them free-feed dry food, whine at me more or less 24 hours a day for more food. I swear that I am not underfeeding them. If anything it would be overfeeding. Love and romance has been great for them. "M-rowwwr!" --"OK, here's some food. Hush now." Granted, they used to whine when the (dry) food bowl wasn't constantly filled, so it's not so different. But I wish that they would hurry up and evolve those opposable thumbs. It's not so hard! We did it, didn't we?
    I must say though that generally they are much better behaved and seem much happier. Since I started adding a little water (tepid and filtered) to their canned cat food, they're both back in the clean plate club. They didn't seem to like pate style, but making it wetter seems to make it OK. And they're good kitties by and large. And Tamara loves them if anything even more than I do. So that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment