Wednesday, March 30, 2016

C'mon, Dollar Tree!

    For decades, I've been looking for Tastykake fruit pies down here. They are a favorite in Philadelphia, also said to be available in New Jersey and South Florida, but not in between. There are many Tastykake products available in supermarkets here, but never the fruit pies.
    The other day in Dollar Tree, I found them. Mind you, it's years since I ate gluten, or high-fructose corn syrup, so it was more of a nostalgia rush to see them again. They're in bags these days instead of cartons, but I won't be sampling them to see if there's a difference. The problem was that I was in Dollar Tree looking for the previously mentioned fuller's earth kitty litter, and I couldn't find any.
    That was the moment when I was going to change the litter boxes. When I couldn't find the stuff I wanted at Dollar Tree, I just stayed with the stuff I've been using. Then the next Dollar Tree I looked in had the kitty litter but not the Tastykake pies. Really, I was just curious; I wasn't going to cheat with them! I was actually looking at this point for some kind of welcome mat or front door runner to prevent Amelia from destroying the carpet around the front door. At Family Dollar, I found the mat and I also found more fuller's earth kitty litter, also for $1.
    The point of all this whiffling is that I find it odd that inventory varies so much from store to store at Dollar Tree. Not shocking or anything; inventory varies somewhat from store to store at Publix, too. And also, it does finally appear that if I decide to change my kitty litter, I will have a steady supply of the cheap stuff. Now I just have to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment