Monday, March 14, 2016

I didn't even get to blog about it!

    I had been getting around to doing a blog entry about this. Walking in Granby Park, I saw the cleanup guys using a golf cart marked Columbia Riverfront Park. That park has been closed since the big flood in October. The non-life-threatening but most dramatic looking part of the flood was the breach of the dam at Columbia Canal. Series of breaches, really. And Columbia Canal is the focus of the Riverfront Park. Even though I fully understood that that park is closed and they might as well keep using the equipment in the parks that are still open, I was more than a little sad. And so it is with great glee that I note that the golf cart can go home, that they're reopening Columbia Riverfront Park TOMORROW!!! The newspaper inexplicably ran a headline that more parts of the park will be open, but there's no indication that any part has been open since the flood. I was about to run over and check, but subsequent edits left out the "more parts" part. I can wait. I can hardly wait. As I keep saying, it'll be good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment