Sunday, March 6, 2016

Life event

    Everything about my real-life relationship with Tamara is glorious, fun, wonderful. The Facebook version though turned very slightly strange, reflecting entirely on Facebook and not at all on us. Never having done this before, I tried declaring that we're in a relationship by using the Life Event status update. One of the choices is New Relationship and you can tag the Facebook Friend with whom you're in the relationship. (That came out odd, but I really don't want to add another "with.")
    Declaring that I'm "in a relationship" on my profile proved impossible on the phone for whatever reason. (For non Facebook peoples, this is a different thing than a status update. So I did so from this here computer. In this case, I could also fill in Tamara's name, but it would only be confirmed when she responded to a message from Facebook saying that it's true. I so approve. What I find odd is that they didn't do this on the In A New Relationship status update. Granted that my friends who might have been waiting with baited breath got the word a few hours earlier than they would have otherwise, and moreover we really are in a new relationship. But in theory, I could have said I was in a New Relationship with any or all of my 215 Facebook Friends, including four or more recording artists. Kind of slack, Facebook, not that it was any problem for us personally, but a little weird nonetheless.
    So in short, in case you missed it, I'm in a relationship, and beatifically happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment