Thursday, March 10, 2016

She's ruined my life

    I was all set to live out my life as a broken old man, alone and convinced that I would never be any use to any woman at all ever. Boy has she blown that all to hell! The nerve of some people, I tell you! I don't think she even asked permission first!
    The not remotely agonizing reappraisal going on in my life right now is nevertheless thoroughgoing. I kind of like the new guy living in my body and if I haven't already recommended to everyone that they get tested or test themselves for gluten sensitivity, well I'm recommending it now. If I have, I'm recommending it again.
    Our big problem right now is deciding whether we can realistically do a summer program in India, whether we could stand the weather if we actually did it, and whether we can someday really pile two people, three rabbits, two chihuahuas and two cats into an RV and go off to see the world. I'm thinking they might not make an RV that big. What our problem isn't is compatibility; we seem made for each other. And I'm so grateful to her for pulling me out of my half-life.
    PS: If you missed it, you should see the new X-Files episode #3 with a title like "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-man." Hardly ever has anybody had more fun than they were having. All it needed was Trebek and Governor Ventura.

No comments:

Post a Comment