Monday, March 7, 2016

That whole "The Customer Is Always Right" thing

    Pet Supplies Plus are a great bunch, on the whole. They have a wide variety of high quality cat foods, a much better array than anybody else around here. However, they have a certain gulf between the local management and the corporate brass in Michigan. I've been trying for years to get them to stop sending me email every time I breathe, but no matter how many times I tell them that I want at most one email per month, they just send and send and send. Every time I use my preferred customer card, I get an email asking how my visit is, which I invariably ignore in hopes that they might take the hint.
    Thus, I only use the card when there's an actual discount involved. Today there wasn't and the checkout girl was very pushy about me using it. "It still records your purchases," she said, or something very like that. In other words, I'm doing your market research for free. This has never been one of my prime interests and is why I shop at Aldi and Publix, companies that don't have loyalty programs or preferred customer cards, whenever possible. Ms. Tamara would like me to throw down PSP because they sell live rabbits. I am growing ever more sympathetic with this view.

No comments:

Post a Comment