Wednesday, March 9, 2016

But does it count?

    Yesterday and today, I went walking with Tamara. Each day as the day wound down, my poor scattered brain said, "Oh no! I forgot to go walking today!" Apparently, it doesn't count if it's fun and if you're with somebody you love. But yes, brain, I did go walking each of the last two days. Get used to it.
    Yesterday's chihuahua-kitty showdown was totally anticlimactic. Lucy just enjoyed gamboling around in my apartment and just ignored the cats completely. The cats weren't scared or hostile. Puzzled maybe describes it best. We took Lucy walking at Old State Road, my favorite local long dirt road. She loved it, Tamara loved it, we met a possum (oh all right, an opossum) which brave Lucy protected us from) and we enjoyed a gorgeous day, not even minding the occasional huge mud puddle.
    Today Tamara and I went to Sesqui(centennial) State Park and walked the trail around the lake and also got information about their dog-walking park. The trail seemed quite chihuahua-friendly and we had a lovely time again. I keep trying to take Tamara to my beloved Los Bellos Portales (Puerto Rican restaurant), they keep being closed at lunchtime, and we keep ending up at nearby Village of India. But that has worked out well, too, because their lunch buffet is quite lovely. And Tamara got the electrician to come out and rewire her burned up outlets, so a win all the way. I'm sure it doesn't sound very exciting, but we have fun whatever we do. Nice, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment