Thursday, March 31, 2016

Chihuahuas and kitties disapprove

    We are tending toward going vegetarian, possibly even vegan. I'm not sure why on Tamara's part; I'm not absolutely sure why on my part. We just are. Dogs and cats tend to want to steal human food. We warn them: you aren't going to like this! Tamara's senior chihuahua Lucy gave a taste to her vegan pasta last night (complete with dairy-free soy-free gluten-free Beyond Beef); Lucy was not best pleased.
    Since I put onions in everything, which cats cannot eat, the change doesn't make much difference on the feline end. This is probably lucky. Dogs are generalists like us. Cats are obligate predators. So nice people who try to make cats into vegetarians are making a mistake. This means that we might go vegan some day, but our dogs and cats are not likely to. No doubt the bunnies have mixed feelings.
    Ms. Amelia has commanded OUTSIDE. As she is dowager empress of Olympia, I have complied. (The fact that it's supposed to rain from midnight on for about 24 hours might also have some bearing.) So for the first time I can remember, I'm out on the porch typing this while I maintain feline surveillance. I'm glad I have reached a stopping point anyway, as a jail break appears to be being contemplated as I type. Uh oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment