Thursday, March 24, 2016

Yes, Virginia, there is, isn't, might be or couldn't possibly be a Santa Claus

"Dear Google,
    I am an eight-year-old girl. My name is Virginia. My friends say that there is no Santa Claus but I don't believe them. I believe in Santa, but they are making me wonder. My Pa says that if you see it in the Google, it's so. So tell me, Google, is there a Santa Claus?"
"Dear Virginia,
    Yes there is definitely a Santa Claus. Wait, there is absolutely no chance that there is a Santa Claus because it would be physically impossible for one being, no matter how quick his reindeer are, to visit all the homes in the world in one evening even if he only limited himself to the Christian ones where the little boys and girls had all been good. No hang on, as long as a child believes, there is certainly a Santa Claus. That whole North Pole thing just has to go, though; not only is there no land there, there's hardly even any ice there anymore! Also they prefer to be called little people. Also the flying reindeer thing? Please! Also Rudolph should probably cut down on his drinking. But back to your question, Virginia: of COURSE there is a Santa Claus! And you can just ignore all those hits about the 5th century bishop from Asia Minor. It's definitely a big fat guy in a red suit. And I know what you're going to ask next! If you don't have a chimney, he can get in anyway! Santa has many, many, many skills. What else does he have to do 364 days of the year but learn lock-picking, I ask you?!
    So Virginia, tell all your little friends 'Ha ha, you're wrong!' There is definitely, absolutely, unquestionably a Santa Claus, unless there isn't. Next time though, ask Siri. She'll tell you all about a Tim Allen movie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment