Monday, May 28, 2012

Birthday suit

    This will be a brief one, as the promised death of this computer, or rather of its left-click button, is at hand, and it makes me fairly irritable to try to work with it.
    My friend, distant cousin and namesake just celebrated his 46th birthday the day after my 50th. (Weird, isn't it?) He mentioned on Facebook how he was looking forward to his 46th year being a good one. I didn't correct him because I'm having trouble with the math. I mean, I think that he just finished his 46th year. On your first birthday, you've just finished your first year after all. But of course your first birthday ought to be, you know, the day of your birth, the one where you're wearing your birthday suit. This would make your first birthday your second birthday, and every one after that one more than how we normally celebrate them. Wouldn't it? Now, not only won't my left-click button work but also my head hurts. Happy birthday, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment