Thursday, May 24, 2012

Steel Trappists

    For a long time I have thought that it would be a hoot to form a band comprised of lap steel guitar, pedal steel guitar and steel drums. I appreciate that this sounds like a joke, but I really think the three sounds would go well together, where lap steel could be either the David Lindley sound on "Running On Empty" or that of Jerry Douglas on Weissenborn. As I have no talent, I thought maybe I could track down a composition program with a really good synthesizer. (In this case, that should be called an emulator, but I think there's already some piece of musical equipment with that name.) And the other day it occurred to me that I could call the project Steel Trappists. That's it really. Well, I thought it was funny!

2 comments:

  1. I've always had you pegged as a kick-ass Theremin player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying with the TV rabbit ears, but for some reason it never works!

    ReplyDelete