Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sick kitty

    My Monkey is not at her best. She threw up twice yesterday, and has been highly subdued ever since. It was just liquid both times, leading me to the thought and the hope that she just has a hairball that she can't get out, and that when she finally does she'll be all better. She just stays at the foot of the bed, laying around. When I visit with her, she is playful and friendly, but much less energetic and much less importunate than usual. She hasn't eaten as far as I can tell.
    If she isn't better by Monday, it goes without saying that she's headed to the vet. If anything drastic happens before that, everybody's job is to tell me that it wasn't my fault, that there was no way of knowing, and that it was perfectly reasonable not to take her to the emergency vet. (I wouldn't be so nervous if Alice's cat Madeline hadn't been so much like this at the end. But she was clearly starved, while Amelia is clearly not.) I'm still hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment