Sunday, May 20, 2012

Preservatives

    It makes me mildly kookoo when canned or frozen products contain preservatives. It's canned! It's frozen! Isn't that preservative enough? I don't really need my food to be shelf-stable for three years. I think a few weeks would be sufficient. Wouldn't it?
    Also also I would think that one would be able to find canned beans that are just. canned. beans. No salt. Really, I can put in my own salt if I want to. It isn't one of the hard things. What I can't do is take out the salt you put in that I don't want anyway. So I soak my beans, and simmer them an hour and a half. Big bean fan, me. But it ought to be quicker and easier in 2012. (Though I did at least find some without preservatives, finally.)
    Why not quinoa chocolate chip cookies? I have a feeling that I will be finding out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment