Friday, May 18, 2012

Embarrassing admission

    I seem to get myself in trouble by declaring victory over a given problem and immediately finding that the victory was only temporary. So I'm not declaring victory. However, it seems at least at this transitory moment, that all I needed to do to fix my back problems was to take a broom and hold it out in front of me, then lift it over my head twenty times. Then flip it so that the sweeping end is at the other side (thus equalizing the weight lifted by either hand) and lift it over my head another twenty times.
    So my various blitherings about fluorosis, bad shoes, allergies, bad mattresses, etc. seem to have been without merit. For all that I really did have whiplash and probably really do have herniated discs, the problem that causes me the back pain is sitting in a chair looking at this computer untold hours per day. The solution is making my hunched over shoulders stretch back. But I'm not declaring victory. Fate, you behave yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment