Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unleaded

    Not to go all Andy Rooney (meaning curmudgeonly, not dead), but shouldn't we be done with the term "unleaded gasoline" by now. It's been decades since anybody sold leaded gasoline. It isn't like they are miraculously removing lead from gasoline that's full of it. Lead is just something that they used to add to gas but don't anymore. I think "Regular," "Mid-grade" and "Premium" meet the case. Really.
    Yesterday, I took a pleasant trip to Swan Lake/Iris Gardens in Sumter. I had read that the rocky shoals spider lilies at Landsford Canal, which usually peak at my birthday (a couple of weeks from now) are peaking now instead. So I thought that the irises, which also usually peak at my birthday (thanks for the nice present, Mother Nature!) might do the same. They didn't, but some of them were very nice. Also it was fun to try out the macro setting on the cool Coolpix Anne gave me for my birthday. Pretty day; glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment