Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Aw I can't do it

    A couple of years ago, when I first started hosting Drinking Liberally, a nice young man and his nice young female companion came to a meeting. I thought they were fairly enthusiastic, but alas, I never saw them again. He handed me a business card that had nothing on it but his name. I thought this was fairly great, but then I put it on the seat of my car and never saw it again either. Until yesterday. I have no idea where it had been hiding; in the course of life, you search your car for various things and usually find things you weren't looking for, but it never turned up until out of the blue it just appeared on the floor under the driver's seat. No doubt there's some quantum physics explanation.
    Anyway, what I thought I was going to do was title this blog entry with his name, figuring that anybody who would print a business card with only his name on it would probably also be given to googling his name now and then. If he wanted to get in touch, he'd find my contact information on this blog. But I find I can't do it. For all that I am fundamentally a town crier by nature, it doesn't seem right to publish a stranger's name without his permission, even though I'm not saying anything bad about him. But that leaves me with another content-free blog entry. You'll just have to take my word that it's a cool-looking business card. Printed by Schrodinger? Well I have no way of knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment