Saturday, May 3, 2014

Is it a phobia if the fear is justified?

    Taking Dad to the dialysis facility has been complicated slightly since I backed into the guy's pickup truck some months ago. I've never seen him again (or at least, not the pickup truck) and I've had no further accidents, but the place now permanently makes me nervous. Vehicles come out of nowhere too fast. You look both ways, and look both ways, and look both ways, and pull out, and poof! Somebody magically appears.
    It would be really great if they would cut down some of the greenery to create better lines of sight. It would be really great if they would put in speed bumps (or speed humps, as they now seem to be called). Or if people would just slow the @#$# down on their own. My common sense move is to park on the side that isn't the one most people use as an entrance. This cuts down magically appearing automobiles markedly. It's also the side with better shade, so I prefer parking there anyway this time of year. Of course, other people often figure that out, too, but I don't mind using the non-shady spots if I get to feel safer. It'll hold me until I get my robot-driven car, and then I can have phobias about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment