Thursday, May 1, 2014

Aged cookies?

    So the Dates with Assorted Nuts cookies weren't particularly good at first. They weren't particularly good at second. Today, however, they're absolute world beaters. Did they age well? Did I have a cold for two days? Did I do a terrible job of mixing and all the flavor got stuck in half the cookies? I can't figure it. But boy do I ever love them now!
    I guess next week I'll make them the same way except for making a greater effort to mix harder. One thing I noticed even when I wasn't loving them so much was that I can definitely see why people combine dates and walnuts in baked goods. Even though I'm not so taken with walnuts as a rule, the two flavors go well together. Maybe I'll amp up both the dates and walnuts next time.
    Sorry, I had a really intelligent, deep post for today but I completely forgot it. Oops. These senior moments get ever more frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment