Thursday, May 22, 2014

Unadopted

    I haven't seen outside alien cat today. I can't really draw any inference about this until Monday, since that's been the traditional appearance day. And I guess the cat wasn't too traumatized from its brief imprisonment since it came back to eat the very food that had been the instrument of its capture. And of course, sometimes the grapes really are sour. Since I'm allergic to cats, not having a second one is probably still a good thing.
    Still, I already miss the little weasel. I change out Amelia's food twice a week, including Thursdays. Usually, I just put the excess in the trash since otherwise it would just go to the ants. This time, I put it in outside cat's bowl, and put the bowl on a plate filled with water to keep the ants away. So far, the food is untouched. It has been amusing keeping the water topped off to continue repelling the ants. I like to think that the little beast has a happy home and is getting taken care of and fed there. And of course s/he could still turn up at any point and chow down. Or some stray might. Fed strays kill fewer birds, so putting out food is a good thing. So long as I'm not creating super-ant.

No comments:

Post a Comment