Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Son of Beyond the Return of Boy I'm still dumb

    In 3 1/2 years, I've probably used every variant of this subject line. Knowing me, I've probably used this one before, too, but who's going to type all that into Google anyway?
    So anyway, I got over my fluoride obsession years ago, though I still don't use fluoride toothpaste. Then again, I never liked the stuff and baking soda seems to do at least as well, cheaper. But still.
    Yesterday, I noticed that the indicator light on my faucet-mounted Pur water filtration system was no longer flashing. This is hardly surprising, since I had had the doohickus for years. I went to Kmart to get a new one.
    At Kmart, I noticed that the Pur and Britta faucet-mounted systems have notices on the package (Pur's is from the ADA) that they don't remove fluoride from city water systems. At the time I quit buying purified water eight gallons at the time in favor of a filter on the faucet, I really did care about getting the fluoride out, too. Now I'm not too worried about it. So long as it gets the really stinky chlorine out (which the package claims it does), I can live with it. I was just tickled that I was dumb enough not to notice this before. Of course, it's about as likely that the notice just wasn't there to be noticed before. It would be interesting to find out if this is a new thing and if so if it's a change in the product's performance or just a change in the labeling. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment