Friday, May 2, 2014

Not much of a gag anyway

    There's a billboard next to the Gervais St. bridge with a giant photo of the back of a car. Being the grownup that I'm not, I wanted to take a picture and caption it: "Shocked! Shocked that they're putting rear ends on billboards!" However, taking a picture while driving 40 mph in the left lane of a fairly narrow bridge is not the shrewdest idea ever. Taking a good one would require taking one's eyes off the road in a manner that would probably be fatal. So I snapped a shot with my eyes on the road instead. No idea what I actually photographed; some portion of the interior of the car, judging by the color.
    Anyway, it's not much to brag on, but I'm proud that I let it go. I like to think I would have been able to let it go even if the joke had in fact been funny. Now THAT would be a sign of growing up. Let's not rush things.

No comments:

Post a Comment