Thursday, June 11, 2015

A (very) little perspective

    I found another good place for droning, defined as any large field without joggers on it. This is another baseball field. Ever since I started this thing, I snap pictures with the drone any time it gets particularly high assuming it isn't about to fly into a tree or something. This policy resulted in some neat skyline pictures early on but lately mainly a lot of shots of trees, more trees and grass. Today, though, the tree shots were strangely close up. I'm very careful, since I have practically no tree climbing ability, to avoid getting anywhere close to trees at all, so I have no idea how this happened. Later pictures revealed another ball field just the other side of the adjacent parking lot. This I have much trouble believing in; how could I have not seen another baseball field a couple hundred feet away? Really, I'm going to have to go and check.
    None of this is exciting, I realize. Nor are they brilliant pictures or I would post them. (Not worth 1,000 words, I guess.) I am going nuts somewhat with regard to the drone and photography because all the places I would like to shoot, mainly near the river, are just impossible until I have absolute mastery of the controls, which is kind of hard to attain at 10 or 20 minutes a day flying time max. Otherwise, it lands in the river and I'm out one quad copter. There's a beach drop at Bull's Island Sunday. That's to say that the ferry boat lands you on the beach instead of at the regular landing an hour's walk from the beach. I'm thinking of going and I'm thinking of bringing the drone. But if the powers that be tell me not to fly it, I'll be easy to persuade. It's windy down there and the Atlantic is pretty big. I can always hold it up and take pictures that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment