Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Two wrong orders don't make a right order

    I've been having Drinking Liberally at a pizza joint (really, that's in the name) called Uncle Maddio's for the past several weeks (not counting my birthday, where I went Thai) on the grounds that they do gluten- and dairy-free well, I like it, and because this is the time when one can get parking there. They're right next to the university, so normally parking is impossible.
    It's been a pretty successful move in the sense that people sometimes come and seem to enjoy it. Last night was slightly less successful. Paul and I were the first to arrive and we ordered together, and maybe we just threw too much stuff at them. Paul ordered corn as one of his toppings; when his pizza came out, there was no corn. When mine came out, there was the corn.
    We weren't upset or up-in-arms or huffy or anything, but gmo corn is another thing that I don't much eat, so I asked for another pizza. Before that came, they brought the first one back in a box for no charge, since otherwise they would throw it out. Paul ate several slices, so he got his corn after all. It was an admirable solution and I like them even more for it. I also dug the heck out of my pizza when it finally arrived. Paul had picked the garlic and olive oil sauce so I shamelessly ripped him off. It was really good. He went with sun-dried tomatoes and I went with Roma; mine were chopped so tiny it was hard to say what kind they were, but they were good. Yay Maddio's!

No comments:

Post a Comment