Sunday, June 14, 2015

Two good things

    Thing one is that I cheered the heck up spectacularly yesterday. At first, I was thinking it was the best day of the year, but then I reconsidered and decided that it was a fairly normal day. The thing is, at 3 or so I decided to try again to make chocolate pancakes. This time I put in almost as much cocoa as flour. THAT did the trick. It also finally got enough caffeine in my system to get my thyroid working again. OHHHHHHH! So we may finally have a solution to the chronic depression problem. That was easy! I just got to get in my caffeine before 4; that way I cheer up and also can still sleep. So simple.
    Thing two is that the IRS wants to give back 40% of the money I paid them on Dad's behalf in April. At first I was fairly annoyed because as nice as the refund is, there were also small but not tiny fines for paying his estimated taxes late. This is fairly crazy because he had no way of knowing when he worked out his estimated taxes that his income would be half again what it had been in earlier years. Finally, though, I figured out that they had worked out how to do the taxes to my greatest benefit, which was to work out what those estimated taxes would have been, reduce my overall burden and fine me for small amounts for the late estimated taxes. This may just be me being pollyannaish, but it works for me. Or maybe it's just the caffeine talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment