Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I shot an arrow

    My wonderful sister sent along a replacement drone. This one was a crazy flyer. (Note past tense.) First flight it went beyond the controller's range and vanished. Eventually, I found it crashed on the shoulder of the road. Some pieces had fallen off which needed to be screwed back on, so I had to take it home. (The people at Pacific Park were very helpful and supportive, although in the end I found it myself.)
    The second flight didn't go that well. It again flew beyond range and crashed on the giant warehouse across the street. Well, strictly speaking, the second flight went all right; it was the third one that was the problem. I was able to get it to take off from the roof, but it flew directly into a tree, still above the warehouse, some 50-60 feet off the ground. There's an address for the warehouse, but no company name or mailbox or contact information. There's a car parked there, but no indication how long it's been there. There's a gate at streetside with a heavy padlock on it. Only good signs are that the car and padlock are relatively new. My conclusion, though, is that it's goodbye quad copter.

No comments:

Post a Comment