Thursday, June 18, 2015

TMI: glass edition

    One of the things that one hates about living in this place during this era is that the mass shootings just run together. So if I say at this point that I'd like to extend my sympathies to the families of the victims of the mass shooting last night, somebody looking at this a week or a month from now (including me) will just say, "Wait, which one was that?" This was the one where a racist moron with a gun decided to kill nine people at a church bible study in Charleston including a state senator because of the color of their skin. I'm a nobody and few read my blog, but I certainly extend those sympathies nevertheless.
    As to the topic at hand, I had a crack in my windshield. It was on the passenger side, so I thought about letting it slide, but the crack hurt my eyes a good bit when the sun hit it, so I figured I would err on the safer side. When I reported the crack to USAA, I inadvertently lied, saying it was longer than my arm when it was really only a little bigger than my hand. The mind's eyes plays tricks on you, or anyway on me.
    My appointment was at 10 this morning; I arrived early. The technician told me I was looking at a 2 1/2 to 3 hour wait. This was brilliant psychology, because then I was REALLY impressed when I had my car back after an hour. And now I have a really really REALLY clean windshield. This is the TMI part. (You have been warned.) I sing along with the radio or tapes or CDs a LOT. And really loud. Nobody has developed a spit shield for this to the best of my knowledge. So the question is, can I put a lid on it? Can I finally learn how to wipe down the windshield? (Really I've tried, but somehow it never seems to work.) Regardless, it's very clean now; suddenly I don't feel nearly so much like I need new glasses.
    Drone life continues a little sad. Maybe it's the heat, but the toy flies great for maybe five minutes of its battery time, then spends the other few minutes hovering near the ground. Since I have a backup battery, this gives me a total of 10 minutes of good flying and 10 of sad. I'll try again in the morning and see if it helps when it isn't 100 degrees outside. I hope that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment