Sunday, June 28, 2015

The high lords of timing

    Paul and I had another wonderful visit to Bull's Island in Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge. (I think that's right; you could look it up.) Or rather we had two visits, as he primarily swam and sat and watched the ocean and I primarily walked and took pictures of dead trees at renowned Boneyard Beach. On the way back, I was just overwhelmed with complete sand dollars, finding vastly more than I could actually carry back. I put them in various compartments of my pack and brought home nearly two dozen, almost all complete. Which is just flat ridiculous. Another half dozen or more crumbled by the wayside, sadly, but c'est la guerre.
    What impressed us though was that the weather looked threatening the whole way down, rain clouds seemed to be heading our way throughout the visit, but we had beautiful weather all the way. We actually packed up the ferry and returned early, by which time the ugly weather was much, much closer. We got back just ahead of us and the rain started literally before we were a mile up the road. We are the timing gods! Or rather the crew from Coastal Expeditions are. Kudos!
    We also dug great tacos at Taco Spot in West Ashley for dunch. (Linner? Lupper? Sunch?) And great music to go with it. And they took their gluten-free dairy-free very seriously, for which I was very grateful. And we left roses at my mom's grave. Twelve years in only a few days. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment