Friday, June 12, 2015

Genius!

    I love it when I do something brilliant by accident. I particularly love it when I'm trying to do something else brilliant which fails abysmally but then turns out to have been accidentally brilliant in retrospect. I made my chicken pasta e fagioli (which is a lot easier to spell if you just call it pasta fazoo). Not brilliant yet, but rising to the level of nearly normal: in a revolutionary move, I actually cooked the chicken first. What'll he think of next?! You don't want to know what I did before. (Seriously, I cooked the chicken first before, too; just not all that well.)
    It turned out great, but I forgot to put in the mushrooms. So I thought, no problem, I'll just put olive oil in my saucepan/ heat stuff up pan and thaw and sautee some frozen mushrooms, then throw in the dinner portion and heat that up, too. This should have been a brilliant idea, but I guess I needed more olive oil. I wound up with a lot of material, including much of the mushrooms, stuck down to the supposedly non-stick pan. Nobody died and the pasta was still tasty. I unstuck as much as possible of the burnt down stuff as possible and that was the brilliant part. I loved it!
    So! All I need to do is figure out how to dry up mushroom/tomato paste/ brown rice quinoa pasta/ olive oil and assorted vegetable juices. It'll be easy! Ironically, I have some quinoa chips from Aldi at the moment that I'm not too thrilled with. All they need is tomato paste, mushrooms and olive oil, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment