Sunday, July 5, 2015

And she argued with me!

    Went to lunch buffet with Paul to our favored Indian restaurant. It was very, very good. Also almost free. My bill came to almost $10. I went to the register and held out a ten. The young lady gave me back a ten and change. For a second I thought about keeping quiet and walking on, but she's very nice and I'm not so rotten either. I told her that I had given her a ten and she argued with me, not obstreperously or anything, but she said I had given her a twenty. I said that I didn't think I had a twenty. (Having just checked before walking up, I knew perfectly well that I hadn't.) She checked and found that I had indeed given her a ten and I gave her the other ten back, and thanked me for telling her. Did you hear that God? That ought to wipe out at least a couple of the rotten things I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment